BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 29, 2010

Granola three ways



I saw this recipe from Not Derby Pie for Tahini flavored granola and I knew that I wanted to try it out imediately. I have been on a granola kick lately. Chris and I like to eat it right from the container as snacks, as cereal with milk and I love mixing it with vanilla yogurt. MMM, granola. 


I also decided to make some Granola Muffins, from
this recipe . I replaced the egg with "flax seed goop" (1 tbsp. ground flax seeds blended with 3 tbsp. water) and these were so amazing that I have made them twice now ;) I also threw in about 1 tsp. vanilla. I also used the same recipe to make the pancakes, although I used 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder instead of soda. I recommend making these (pancakes or muffins) with the same measurement of baking powder instead of soda, made with the soda the muffins have a slightly bitter aftertaste. In the future I will use less sugar, maybe 1/4 cup for the pancakes. I used homemade Ener-G and I am very pleased with the results in these muffins (in photo) with it. Definitely a money saver, Ener-G can be costly and the ingredients can be purchased for very cheap at an Asian Grocer.

Ener-G Type Egg Replacer 
Chef Deborah Wolfe of Vegsource

1 cup potato starch
3/4 cup tapioca flour
2 tsp. baking powder

Mix all well.
Store in airtight container.

To use:
1 & 1/2 tsp powder + 2 Tbs water = 1 egg.
1 & 1/2 tsp powder + 1 Tbs water = 1 egg yolk.

When measuring, press powder firmly into measuring
spoon.

0 comments: